Friday, December 14, 2012

Student's Work, Faux Cloisonne

I love, love, love it when my customers (my "students") send me pictures of their works done following my tutorials.

I received the sweetest e-mail from Donna P.  She wrote:  "Hiya Eugena,  I have been busy at work enjoying your tutorial. I found the directions thorough and concise and the corresponding photos excellent. Even I could follow them!..."

And then Donna included a picture of a few of her pendants she made following my Faux Cloisonne Tutorial.



I already told Donna (and I would like to repeat it here) that I especially like the one with a tree. She has a really nice a clever design here - the wire is used for the roots and branches, and everything else is painted with mica powders. I like how the wire gives just enough highlights for the design, but does not overpower it. Nicely done! This tree pendant is a perfect example how this tutorial may be used to learn a technique, not just one project (although Donna did a fine job with the three heart pendants made following the instructions for the Faux Cloisonne heart described in the tutorial).

Donna gracefully allowed me to use her photo and comments in this blog.

Thank you, Donna, and happy claying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...